100 megs data gift for every genuine quote requested
Microsoft Word 2010 is one of the most widely used word processing programs to create professional documents, so having the basic skills to use this program is a minimum requirement for new hires in most businesses.
The Microsoft Word 2010 Beginner Training Course provides you with comprehensive skills in each of the basic features of Word 2010, such as navigation, page layout, editing, using graphics, adding and formatting text and more. This introductory training course teaches you how to use Word 2010 effortlessly to create, edit and save documents.
This fun and practical training course are now available in Gauteng, Durban and Cape Town.
Contact us today for a group quote.
Who Should Attend
This course is for people with little or no experience with Word 2010 or other word processing programs.
Students may be able to type a basic letter but are seeking to learn techniques to work more efficiently and improve the overall look of a document for printing or emailing.
As a result of this course, students will gain an understanding of the concepts and terminology used in Microsoft Word.
They will gain confidence in navigating in a document, create and format a document, work with paragraphs, and prepare documents for printing.
Learning Outcomes - Microsoft Word 2010 Introduction Training Course
- Identify the various components of the Word interface, create a new Word document, enter text into a document, save a document, preview and print a document, and search Help.
- Navigate through a document to find and select text, modify selected text, and find and replace text.
- Apply character formatting to text, align paragraphs using tab stops, display text as list items, control paragraph layout, apply borders and shading to paragraphs, apply text styles, and manage formatting in documents.
- Insert a table into a document, modify the structure of a table, format a table, and convert text to a table.
- Sort a list, renumber a list, and customise a list.
- Insert symbols and special characters, and add images to a document.
- Apply page borders and colours, apply a watermark, add a header and footer to a document, and control page layout.
- Check spelling and grammar and use other proofing tools.
- Customise the Word interface and use additional options for saving.
Course Content - Microsoft Word 2010 Introduction Training Course
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
Topic A: Identify the Components of the Word Interface
Topic B: Create a Word Document
Topic C: Help
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
Topic A: Find and Select Text
Topic B: Modify Text
Topic C: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
Topic B: Align Text Using Tabs
Topic C: Display Text as List Items
Topic D: Control Paragraph Layout
Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Topic F: Apply Styles
Topic G: Manage Formatting
Lesson 4: Adding Tables
Topic A: Insert a Table
Topic B: Modify a Table
Topic C: Format a Table
Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 5: Managing Lists
Topic A: Sort a List
Topic B: Renumber a List
Topic C: Customise a List
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Colour
Topic B: Add a Watermark
Topic C: Add Headers and Footers
Topic D: Control Page Layout
Lesson 8: Proofing a Document
Topic A: Check Spelling and Grammar
Topic B: Other Proofing Tools
Lesson 9: Customising the Word Environment
Topic A: Customise the Word Interface
Topic B: Additional Save Options