100 megs data gift for every genuine quote requested
Microsoft Word is one of the most popular word processing programs in the world and having the essential skills in MS Word can be very advantageous as a prospective or existing employee.
The Microsoft Word 2013 Beginner Training Course provides beginners with skill development in many of the primary functions of Word 2013 such as formatting tasks and paragraphs, understanding the interface, using styles, editing, sharing and more. This training course is designed for easy and effective learning by beginners to empower them to use Word 2013 effectively and efficiently.
This dynamic training course are now available in Gauteng, Durban and Cape Town.
Contact us today for a group quote.
Who Should Attend
This one-day course is designed for people who are new to Word 2013. Students will gain skills in document creation and editing, navigating, selecting, using tabs, formatting text and paragraphs.
This course will give students the confidence to use Microsoft Word at home or in an office environment.
Learning Outcomes - Microsoft Word 2013 Beginner Training Course
Word 2013 Beginner Training Course is the fastest way to gain a comprehensive understanding of all essential features of Word 2013, and gain skills in using it expertly.
After completing this course, participants will have learned to:
- Identify the various components of the Word interface, create a new Word document, enter text into a document, save a document, preview and print a document, and search Help.
- Navigate through a document to find and select text, modify selected text, and find and replace text.
- Apply character formatting to text, align paragraphs using tab stops, display text as list items, control paragraph layout, apply borders and shading to paragraphs, apply text styles, and manage formatting in documents.
- Insert a table into a document, modify the structure of a table, format a table, and convert text to a table.
- Sort a list, renumber a list, and customise a list.
- Insert symbols and special characters, and add images to a document.
- Apply page borders and colours, apply a watermark, add a header and footer to a document, and control page layout.
- Check spelling and grammar and use other proofing tools.
- Customise the Word interface and use additional options for saving.
Course Content - Microsoft Word 2013 Beginner Training Course
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
Topic A: Identify the Components of the Word Interface
Topic B: Create a Word Document
Topic C: Help
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
Topic A: Navigate and Select Text
Topic B: Modify Text
Topic C: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
Topic B: Align Text Using Tabs
Topic C: Display Text as List Items
Topic D: Control Paragraph Layout
Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Topic F: Apply Styles
Topic G: Manage Formatting
Lesson 4: Adding Tables
Topic A: Insert a Table
Topic B: Modify a Table
Topic C: Format a Table
Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 5: Managing Lists
Topic A: Sort a List
Topic B: Renumber a List
Topic C: Customise a List
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Colour
Topic B: Add a Watermark
Topic C: Add Headers and Footers
Topic D: Control Page Layout
Lesson 8: Proofing a Document
Topic A: Check Spelling and Grammar
Topic B: Other Proofing Tools
Topic C: Check Accessibility
Lesson 9: Customising the Word Environment
Topic A: Customise the Word Interface
Topic B: Additional Save Options