100 megs data gift for every genuine quote requested
Microsoft Word is a word processing program designed for everyday tasks such as writing letters, updating your resume, and creating newsletters. Having the basic skills to use this program is a minimum requirement for new hires in most businesses.
The Microsoft Word 2016 Beginner Training Course provides you with comprehensive skills in each of the basic features of Word 2016, such as navigation, adding and formatting text, adding tables, inserting graphic objects, customising and more. This introductory training course teaches you how to use Word 2010 effortlessly to create, edit and save documents.
This fun and practical training course are now available in Gauteng, Durban and Cape Town.
Contact us today for a group quote.
Who Should Attend
This one-day course is designed for people who are new to Word 2016. Students will gain skills in document creation and editing, navigating, selecting, using tabs, formatting text and paragraphs.
This course will give students the confidence to use Microsoft Word at home or in an office environment.
Learning Outcomes - Microsoft Word 2016 Beginner Training Course
Word 2016 Beginner Training Course is the fastest way to gain a comprehensive understanding of all basic features of Word 2016, and gain skills in using it expertly.
After completing this course, participants will have learned to:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customising list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colours, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
Course Content - Microsoft Word 2016 Beginner Training Course
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
Topic C: Manage Your Workspace
Topic D: Edit Documents
Topic E: Preview and Print Documents
Topic F: Customise the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
Topic A: Sort a List
Topic B: Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
Topic A: Insert a Table
Topic B: Modify a Table
Topic C: Format a Table
Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Colour
Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
Topic C: Control Page Layout
Topic D: Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
Topic B: Use Research Tools
Topic C: Check Accessibility
Topic D: Save a Document to Other Formats